Our school participates in a Police led initiative called Operation Encompass. This is a partnership between Cheshire schools and the Police, which helps schools to better support any child where a domestic incident has been reported to Police from their home.
Following a domestic incident, the Police will make contact with the child’s school via telephone and secure email (usually the next day) to communicate relevant information to a nominated member of school staff, which is Mrs Goodier. This will ensure that as a school, we are made aware early enough, to support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe, supported and listened to. It will also provide an opportunity for school to offer support to the whole family.
The initiative was launched county-wide at the beginning of 2016. It is active in all Cheshire schools. You can find out more about Operation Encompass via the following site: http://www.operationencompass.org.
If you would like to speak to someone further about the initiative, or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Goodier.
Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Abuse Service –
Tel: 01925 243359
Domestic abuse affects the whole family. Don't suffer in silence, talk to someone that can help.
In an emergency, always dial 999.
- Domestic violence and abuse can be actual or threatened and can happen once every so often or on a regular basis
- It can happen to anyone, in all kinds of relationships
- People suffer domestic abuse regardless of their social group, class, age, race, disability, sexuality or lifestyle
- The abuse can begin at any time – in new relationships or after many years together
- Children are affected by domestic abuse both in the short and long term.