Early Help Offer
Early Help Offer at Evelyn Street Primary School
Early Help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.
Listed below are some of the services the school can offer you:-
- Mrs Pepperell our Learning Mentor is available to talk to parents/carers each morning on the playground when you drop your children at school to discuss any concerns you may have regarding behaviour, learning or any other support you require.
- Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as high school admissions.
- Meetings with Mrs Goodier (Welfare Co-ordinator) and Mrs Pepperell are available to meet with parents/carers to discuss any concerns you may have regarding your child’s behaviour or learning. If further support is required, a Key Worker will be allocated as your point of contact.
- Referrals to outside agencies such as: the Family Outreach Team, parenting courses, our School Health Advisor, St Joseph’s Family Centre, Play/Art Therapy and local children’s centres.
- Early Help Assessment (EHA) which involves listening to you to find out what help you need and talking about what is working well in your life. Based on what you say and what help you would like, a plan is put together so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help.
- At Evelyn Street Primary School, our Safeguarding Team meet every two weeks to identify any children and families who would benefit from early help. It allows them to access services in the school and beyond to support identified vulnerable pupils.