Helping your child at home
Over the summer holidays you can prepare your child for starting Reception by:
- Enjoying books and stories with your child.
- Encouraging your child to write for different purposes, for example shopping lists and birthday cards.
- Provide opportunities for counting and look out for numbers within the environment.
- Regularly talking to them about starting Reception and what to expect.
- Encouraging independence in relation to dressing, eating lunch and looking after belongings.