In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education and sport.
2017-18 award is £TBC. This funding is to help school to provide
breadth in PE & Sport provision including increase in pupils
involvement in sport, healthy lifestyles and performance levels.
We have chosen to use this funding to:
- Pay external coaches to run competitions to increase participation in local, regional and national competitions.
- Quality assure sports coaches & in sports clubs.
- Buy into existing local sports network: Warrington’s Schools Sports Partnerships.
- Pool resources with our partner school – Bruche Community Primary.
- Engage the least active pupils in school activities “Change for Life”.
- Provide training & payment for midday supervisors to introduce games at break & lunchtimes.
- Employ sports coaches to provide weekly afterschool sports on the school site and across Warrington.
- The introduction of regular lunchtime sports has been a real
success. The number of children participating shows how popular they
have become. They have also been an excellent way of introducing myself
to the young people and building trust and good relationships. The
activities have been linked to major competitions e.g. tennis around
Wimbledon time, which is a good way of boosting the children’s awareness
and interest in sports and in particular non-major sports. They have
also sparked conversations around sports and physical activity with
- Several children have emerged as strong ‘sports leaders’ and have
been used very effectively to help deliver the lunchtime sports. They
have helped the activities to run smoothly and enable greater numbers to
access them as well as being great role models for other children. At
the same time they have been developing their own leadership skills and
are now looking to use these skills to greater effect in a wider variety
of settings such as Sports Leadership camps
- We have launched a Competitive Sports after school club which has
been linked to events in the Schools Competition Calendar. The numbers
for this club have increased regularly from its introduction and its
success was particularly evident at the Warrington’s Road to Rio event
in June where we entered teams in all events. The feedback from the day
was excellent and it has sparked an interest in the children to take
part in more of these types of event. The actual sporting performances
from the children on the day were very pleasing as well with impressive
scores in lots of events
- We have a Year 6 Sports Crew who have worked on organising
competitions. These have gone well and positive comments and feedback
was received from children and parents. As a result of the entire
process the Sports Crew were a stronger and more efficient team.
Sports Premium Grant 2017-18
Click here to view the report.